APPLY FOR COMMUNITY HOUSING
To apply for Community Housing you must first register for Housing Assistance through the Queensland Department of Housing and Public Works.
- Check if you are eligible for Housing Assistance through the Queensland Department of Communities, Housing and Digital Economy.
- Download the Application for Housing Assistance form or visit our office for a copy.
- Complete and submit the form, ensure that you include with your application:
- certified copies of relevant ID
- proof of household income
- relevant medical information
- Need help? If you require assistance in completing this paperwork and sending it to the Department of Communities, Housing and Digital Economy for assessment, please visit us in the office and we can help.
- We’ll contact you. When a Community Housing property becomes available, we contact the Department of Communities, Housing and Digital Economy to obtain referrals from their housing register of need. You cannot request a referral directly from Mareeba Community Housing Company.
- Dissatisfied with the decision? You can make a complaint or appeal a decision.
APPLY FOR AFFORDABLE HOUSING
Applying for rental properties through our Affordable Housing Program is simple and easy: just complete our Affordable Housing Application Form, making sure to attach:
- all relevant identification
- proof of income (Centrelink income statement, pay slips).
You can also collect an application form and obtain assistance in completing it from our office. We advertise all available properties on our Rentals Available page. For further information on our properties and Affordable Housing Program please call us on (07) 4092 6899. Please note: you do not need to be registered for Housing Assistance with the Department of Communities, Housing and Digital Economy to apply.